It seems peanut butter has become almost as big a craze as avocado within the health and fitness community, and to be honest i'm not surprised - it's delicious! However, I alwasy felt a little guilty having it, whether it was on toast or off a spoon (guilty!) because I thought the bad outweighed the good.
This simple recipe allows me to indulge in my guilty please, guilt free! A healthy, yet delicious way to satisfy my cravings!
Check out the video below!
- 700g Peanuts
- Groundnut Oil
- ½ TSP Brown Sugar
- ½ TSP Sea-Salt (if using unsalted peanuts)
Protein: 10g - Calories 218 – Fat 11.3g
- Heat your oven at 180ºC/392ºF and place the peanuts in a tray and roast for 10mins.
- Place the roasted peanuts in a food processor and partially mix. Switch off and add in the groundnut oil, brown sugar and sea-salt (if needed).
Mix until either smooth or crunchy, depending on your personal preference.
It's as simple as that!
- With toast, topped with banana, honey & cinnamon
- Mixed wild berries & mint
- Red apple & cinnamon
- Fresh peach