Steak and kale salad with orange, avocado and chimichurri dressing...
Let's be honest, salads are no ones favourite meal, and anyone who says otherwise, is lying. However, they do have that attractive label of being extremely healthy and good for you...Well that may be the case but what's the point in just eating leaves and not enjoying your food!
I've concoted this recipe so that you can get the piece of mind from eating a salad, the required nutrients of a healthy lunch (or dinner), and enjoy it, due to the awesome flavours!
Steak is always my go to when I need that extra protein intake, but during the summer it can be pretty heavy, especially when you want something light and refreshing. This quick and tasty salad is the taste of summer in a dish (slate), with the sweet oranges, fragrant herbs and curly kale. Sometimes there's more to life than steak & chips!
Check Out the Recipe Video Below!
- 1 tbsp pistachios, toasted
- 1 ribeye steak
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 30g fresh coriander
- 30g fresh parsley
- 100g curly kale, tough stems removed
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, stone removed and cut into segments
- Heat a small frying pan, add the pistachios and toss for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Immediately transfer to a small bowl and leave to cool.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature; Rub 1 tsp of oil into the steaks and season. Heat a large griddle pan on a high flame until hot, then reduce the heat to medium. Add the steaks to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, Add the vinegar, orange juice, garlic and chilli flakes to a bowl, followed by the roughly chopped herbs and plenty of seasoning, Mix throroughly.
- Slice the steak diagonally and toss with the kale, orange and avocado. Scatter the pistachios over the salad and serve drizzled with the dressing.
A delicious salad you can actually enjoy!