Many of us have a sweet tooth and this is what makes trying to get into shape so difficult. The temptations are endless, especially when your partner brings home loads of goodies that are meant to be for the kids...They always end up getting smashed during the latest Game of Thrones episode more like!
They are delicious and you can eat them, guilt free!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 2 hours
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup soy protein powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup of pitted dates
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp pecans
1/2 cup + 3 tbsp shredded and unsweetened coconut
Water as needed (up to 1/2 cup)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of cacao nibs
How to make them!
- Grind up the oats with a blender until they are a fine flour. Add protein and cocoa powders and blend again until they are well mixed.
- Drain and rinse the dates then add them to the blender along with ½ cup of pecans, ½ cup of shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. Blend again, add a little water at a time, until a dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a bowl, stir in the remaining ¼ cup of pecans and coconut along with 2 tbsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Scrape the dough onto a piece of parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and roll the bars out to about ½ inch, shaping into a square as you roll.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, allowing them to firm up before cutting into 12 equal pieces.
- Refrigerate for as long as you like!