Preparing a very healthy meal in a short space of time can be a big challenge for the majority of people given work, family and rugby commitments. Being an experienced chef, I can safely say that fish is one ingredient that you can achieve a nutritious meal with in minutes. It's so flexible, as you can pair it with anything, be it a salad or side and it can also be cooked in so many different ways ensuring you won't get bored!
I used salmon for this dish, but any type of fish will work well with the cherry tomato salsa, as it really compliments the fish. Salsa is great for serving with fish as it tones down the intense flavours of the fish, plus the tatse of juicy tomato salsa is always refreshing.
Check out the Video Below!
(Serves 1 Meal fit for a rugby player)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 200g spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- Smoked paprika
- Ground nutmeg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pour a glug of extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium heat and throw in 1 crushed garlic clove, leaving it to turn golden.
- Next add 200g of halved cherry tomatoes and 4 torn basil leaves and leave to soften. You want the tomatoes to produce a light sauce.
- Then rub smoked paprika on your salmon fillets before placing them skin down in the pan; leave to cook for 7 minutes on each side.
- Pour some olive oil in a pan and throw in the spinach, along with about a tsp of ground nutmeg and leave to wilt. Once the spinach has softened, add a tsp of butter to give it a creamy finish (optional).
- Serve the salmon with the cooked tomatoes and spinach on the side.