Don’t you think Britain's winters feel like they last forever? No one likes going out in the cold for a running session with driving rain hammering your face and wind smashing you from all angles. How about trying this Sprint Bike Session instead?
It will certainly put you through your paces and you can ‘enjoy’ it from the comfort of the indoors. This session is designed for a bike with 25 levels so you may have to adjust the level according to what bike you have or are using.
Warm Up for 5 mins with some steady state cycling, whilst occasionally including a fast sprint to get used to the movement.
Set 1: Sprints at Level 10
- 6 x 6 secs sprint: As Fast As You Can (AFAYC)
- Spin easy for 20 secs at low level
- Spin easy for 1 minute after final rep
Set 2: Sprints at Level 10
- 6 x (5 secs sprint - 10 secs easy - 5 secs sprint) AFAYC
- Spin easy for 30 secs at low level
- Spin easy for 90 secs after last rep
Set 3: Sprints at Level 12
- 2 x 30 secs sprint, minimum of 130 rpm
- Spin easy for 45 secs at low level
- Spin easy for 2 minutes after last rep
Set 4: Sprints at Level 10
- 4 x (5 secs sprint, 10 secs easy - 5 secs sprint - 10 secs easy - 5 secs sprint, 10 secs easy - 5 secs print, 30 secs easy) AFAYC
- Spin easy for 2 minutes after last rep.
Set 5: Sprints at Level 10
- 5 x 10 secs sprint, 50 secs easy, hitting 140 on sprints
- Spin easy for 5 minutes after last rep.
Enjoy the jelly Legs!