At this time of year I'm quite often still feeling the effects of a 'slightly' over indulgent Christmas period. Because of this, I am using every opportunity to squeeze in little bits of extra conditioning work post sessions, or as I call it: 'The sting in the tail'.
I quite often do this very simple, short post-gym session. It's a body weight pyramid work-out that has great effects and gives me a great blow.
Give this one a go after your next session!
Complete the first set of reps of all four of the exercises in a circuit format before moving on to the next round. Your first round will only be one rep of each exercise. Take NO rest before moving on to the next round.
- Round 1: 1 Chin Up / 1 Body Weight Squat / 1 Press Up / 1 Crunch
- Round 2: 2 Chin Up / 2 Body Weight Squat / 2 Press Up / 2 Crunch
- Round 3: 3 Chin Up / 3 Body Weight Squat / 3 Press Up / 3 Crunch
- Round 4: 4 Chin Up / 4 Body Weight Squat / 4 Press Up / 4 Crunch
- Round 5: 5 Chin Up / 5 Body Weight Squat / 5 Press Up / 5 Crunch
- Round 6: 6 Chin Up / 6 Body Weight Squat / 6 Press Up / 6 Crunch
- Round 7: 7 Chin Up / 7 Body Weight Squat / 7 Press Up / 7 Crunch
- Round 8: 8 Chin Up / 8 Body Weight Squat / 8 Press Up / 8 Crunch
- Round 9: 9 Chin Up / 9 Body Weight Squat / 9 Press Up / 9 Crunch
- Round 10: 10 Chin Up / 10 Body Weight Squat / 10 Press Up / 10 Crunch
If you're feeling ok after completeing the 10 Rounds, take a 60-90 sec rest and perform the same circuit in reverse order. Trust me it's a lot harder than it looks!