Our resident chef is back, and this time with a dinner recipe. Try this easy and delicious recipe next time your looking for inspiration on what to have for your dinner. It tastes bloody good and has great nutritional value!
Beef Stew with Peppers and Olives
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 1 pepper, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- handful pitted olives
- 1 glass red wine
- 300g new potatoes, boiled
- In a large pan, cook the onions and garlic in olive oil for 5 mins until golden.
- Tip in the beef strips, pepper, tomatoes, rosemary and wine, then bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 mins until the meat is cooked then stir through the olives.
- While this is going on: put the new potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water and place on the heat.
- Bring the potatoes to the boil then leave to simmer for 3 more minutes then remove from the heat and drain.
- Serve with the stew and voilà!
Kcalories - 225
Protein - 25g
Carbs- - 7g
Fat - 11g
Saturates - 3g
Fibre - 2g
Sugar - 6g
Salt - 0.87g
For more great recipe's, check out Jason's Squids In recipe!