Let's face it, everyone and I mean everyone loves pancakes; they're just a great way to start the day, although I am one for having them at any time of the day! They're also perfect for a match-day breakfast and what's more, when using this recipe, you can eat them guilt free, as they contain penty of goodness and nutritional value.
Check out the Video Below!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 40g blueberries
- 40g raspberries
- 4 tbsp low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- Protein Powder (optional - if you add this then you'll have to increase the volume of yoghurt)
- Blend the bananas, eggs, rolled oats and cinnamon and process until smooth. Allow to stand and thicken for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot. Add a little oil and a spoonful of batter to the pan – you can cook 2-3 pancakes at a time. Gently cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Pile three pancakes on to each plate and top with berries, yogurt and maple syrup.
One, delicious breakfast!