This is a great chicken recipe for you to try. We all know that quinoa is good for us, but how many of us know what the hell to do with it. Well here you go. The great thing about this recipe is not just the healthy factor, but how easy it is to put together while tasting amazing.
This will be a great pre-training meal, so give it a go. See the nutrition values below.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Madras seasoning
- 100g quinoa
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 100g dried apricots, sliced
- 250g Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- small bunch coriander, chopped
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas.
2. Toss the chicken with the Madras spice and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin. Bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, adding the apricots and lentils for the final 10mins. Drain and place into a large
4. bowl with the chicken and mix together.
5. While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan and soften the onions for 10-15 mins.
6. Toss the onions into the quinoa with the coriander and some seasoning, then mix well.
Boom ready for training and what you don't eat keep for later and if you have abit of broccoli kicking about cook it off with your onions and mix it through as well.
kcalories - 386
Protein - 47g
Carbs - 35g
Fat - 7g
Saturates - 1g
Fibre - 5g
Sugar - 15g
Salt - 1g