Plain and simple; we all know that when we require a protein filled meal, chicken is our go to. Plain, old, boring old, chicken, with little flavour but maximum gains...This dish is packed with lean protein and flavour, and what's more, it's low in fat.
You don't need to be a pro in the kitchen to rustle this meal up - 20 mins of little-effort cooking; that's what you're looking for, am I right?!
Check out the video below to see me making it in action; quick 'n' easy!
- 1kg Chicken Thighs
- 300g Cherry Tomatoes
- 100g Fresh Spinach
- 300g Low-Fat Crème Fraiche
- Small Glass of White Wine
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add some olive oil and the chicken thighs to an oiled pan and (expert chefs) season with salt & pepper.
Cook until crispy and cooked throughout before transferring to a plate to rest.
- In the same pan add a knob of butter and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the cherry tomatoes (halved) and allow them to cook for 5/6 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened. After that, throw in the baby spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the crème fraiche and white wine and let it simmer until you have a thick sauce. Cook for 4 minutes and then mix in the parmesan cheese.
- All that’s left to do is return the chicken to the pan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes and serve the chicken topping and sauce.
And there you have it; chicken florentine!