Let's be serious, after a gruelling Saturday fixture, win or lose, you just want to reward yourself with a chilled beer and a nice bit of dinner. Obvious options include fish & chips or a chinese or indian take-away but we all know how bad they are for you. Now, I know it's Saturday and it's the day where health and nutrition should go out the window but this dish isn't too bad for you and tastes amazing!
Why not treat the lads to a big dinner after a Saturday fixture and enjoy a bit of team bonding with some great food and company...As you'll see below, it's pretty easy to rustle up!
Check out the video below!
- Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 80g Chorizo
- ½ a Bunch of Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 750ml–1 litre of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 x 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 300g Risotto Rice
- 200ml Red Wine
- 50g Parmesan Cheese
- Knob of Unsalted Butter
Protein: 20g - Calories 514 – Fat 16.3g
- Peel and chop the shallots and garlic and finely chop the chorizo. Also pick the parsley leaves & chop the stalks.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in pot before adding the parsley stalks, shallots, garlic and chorizo, and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the shallots have softened and the chorizo is beginning to crisp.
- Meanwhile, in another pot, heat the stock cube with the tinned tomatoes and add the rice to the shallot mixture and stir to coat the grains. Cook over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes and then pour in the red wine.
- Stir well and cook until almost all the wine has evaporated. Then add the hot stock and tomato mixture, ladle by ladle, stirring well with each addition. Stop adding liquid when the rice is al dente.
- Grate the Parmesan, then add to the pan with some seasoning. Stir well, Take off the heat and cover. You can add a knob of unsalted butter if you wish.
- Serve topped with extra grated Parmesan and the chopped parsley leaves.