You don't have to be a nutrition expert to know that fueling your body before match day will aid your performance massively, and what's more, if you fill it with the right kinds of food this will of course help even more! The recipe below is an awesome example of what to rustle up on match day, with a great mix of carbs, protein and nutrients.
Like all my recipes, it's dead easy to make and tastes delicious. Check out the video below!
- 455g Dried Fusilli
- 1 Large Courgette
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Dried Chillies
- 400g Peeled Raw Prawns
- 1 Small Glass of White Wine
- 2 Heaped Tablespoons of Sun-Dried Tomato Puree
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Handfuls Rocket, Roughly Chopped
Protein: 34g - Calories 640 – Fat 24.3g
- Cook your pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 generous tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan and toss in the garlic, courgettes and chilli. As the garlic begins to brown, add the prawns and sauté for a minute. Then add the white wine and the tomato purée and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander, reserving a little of the cooking water. Toss the pasta with the sauce, squeeze in the lemon juice, add half the chopped rocket, adding a little of the reserved cooking water if you want to lighten the sauce a bit, and correct the seasoning. Divide between 4 plates and sprinkle with the rest of the rocket leaves.
I hope you enjoy and good luck with the match!